Provide opportunities for the larger community to assist those in need by sharing our resources of time, talent and treasure and connecting these activities with Catholic Social Teaching.
Primary Activities include:
- Attend meetings on the first Tuesday of the month, 7pm from September through June.
- Assess and respond to the needs of those in our own parish and within the Pontiac Area Vicariate.
- Emphasize and strengthen our connection with our sister community Ellacuria, El Salvador to foster understanding and solidarity.
- Educate the community on social issues and concerns through articles and guest speakers.
- Place of HOPE Warming Center – January
- Sock and Underwear Drives – Mid-September – Mid-October and January – Early February
- Day of Service – April – Includes Christmas in Action and Adopt A Road
- Ellecuria Project – through Lent
- Manna Soup Kitchen – Monthly
- South Oakland Shelter – Twice a year.
- Place of HOPE Warming Center – February
- Back to School Drive – September through August
- Collecting Uniforms: Pontiac Schools Project – September through August
- Thanksgiving Food Drive – September – November
- Thanksgiving Pie Fest – November after Thanksgiving Mass
- Make A Difference Market: Alternative Gift Giving during Advent
- Spring Food Drive
- Jail and Outreach Christmas Stamp Drive
Contact Drew Peters if you are interested: 248-373-6457 x3106
Click video to see this year’s Day of Service.